Friday, January 23, 2009

My baloney has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R



Howdy Folks,

I'm not going to bore you or pat the backs of a bunch of Hollywood elite to regurgitate the list of 2008 for the bajillionth time. You can google it your damn self. You all know how much I "love" awards shows, but I will say that I'm very relieved that Dark Knight didn't get nommed for best picture. OMGWTFSTFU!?!?! Yeah that's right fanboys....it just got nominated for every other damn category. I have very little faith in "the academy" as it is, but this at least affirms that they are only 67% prey to peer pressure. So as we get ready to prepare ourselves to watch a decadent display of opulence and vanity, we can rest easy in knowing that if you watch about 8 films, you can see pretty much all the big noms.
One good thing about a new batch of movies to blindly worship for this year, is that places tend to mark down the previous years old news. So you can get 2007 Nomz on DVD CHEAP and if you're feeling extra fancy then there's always 2007's For-een Muvies that got nommed.

In other news, I know I'm short on two podcasts on the blog here. I just need to get these suckers uploaded. They're recorded live each week, but I've just been slacking on that upload. A thousand pardons, effendi. I did a Obama/MLK special last week, and more general awesomeness the week before so stay tuned.

No comments: