Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Lost But Not Forgotten: Matinee (1993)


Matinee (1993)
dir. Joe Dante

Joe Dante, creator of some of my favorite movies (The 'burbs, Gremilins), made this little under the radar gym back in '93. It's a damn shame this movie is out of print. It got the DVD treatment in 2001 very briefly then vanished completely. Kind of like Dante's career after the 1998 film Small Soldiers. This movie features John Goodman embodying so much of what I miss when I go to the theater anymore. It really captures the true meaning of theater experience, and really tugs on my dreams of wanting to open a independent movie house. Not like those megasprawl movie-plexes that only show the mega hype garbage. One day, damn you...

Anyway, you're lucky my pal the Negative Cutter has your back, and you can pick this little tasty treat up on the cheap over at his website.





ps-I'm working on getting my podcasts back in action real soon...so sit tight. Hosting is a pain and a half.

No comments: