Monday, July 01, 2013

To the Wiener



Episode Air Date: 7 - 1 -13
Jim Kelly died. A Raccoons live-action film starring Will Forte, Amanda Peet, and Dash Mihok was greenlit. The Boom Operator dished on his film experience on Greater.

To the Wonder: I'm a fan of Malick's, but this is still one I could only sparsely admire, and purely from an intellectual standpoint rather than an emotional one. The writing was fine, but the prancing and oblique cuddling really took me out of it after a while. I'm not sure. On paper this was no different than previous films, which I've pretty universally admired. Maybe I'm just finally tired of this wide-angle schtick and Malick's lonesome search for meaning in the openness of the American West. Bah.

Tonight we heard music from:

Enter the Dragon, 1973 - Lalo Schifrin
Black Belt Jones, 1974 - Dennis Coffey
Tree of Life, 2011 - Alexandre Desplat
The Thin Red Line, 1998 - Hans Zimmer

DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST

No comments: