Monday, March 31, 2014

A Good Movie was Released...April Fool's

(Original broadcast 3 - 31 - 14)
We played Shredder to the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie trailer, because it really looks unfun and just awful. I don't understand why the oft-maligned but capable TMNT didn't keep this franchise rooted in a 100% animated atmosphere. The conversation ranged after that, although I think my favorite bit was a diversion about the worst films to ever star a pro wrestler. I went on to review Divergent, the latest blockbuster YA dystopian film to cash in on Harry Potters and Hunger Games past; Mazerunner and The Giver are forthcoming. I thought it was ok, though it certainly did not distinguish itself in any way from any of the other YA crazes; the story did still have unexpected violence and consequences where I assumed punches would be pulled. So, I was impressed in that regard.

We heard music from:

Gattaca, 1997 - Michael Nyman
The Grand Budapest Hotel, 2014 - Alexandre Desplat
Rocky movies - Bill Conti

DOWNLOAD THIS SHOW

No comments: