Thursday, December 06, 2007

Saturday Score Selection #1



This week I'm going to take a moment to give you a sample of Joe Jackson's score for the 1988 film "Tucker: The Man and His Dream". From start to finish this score keeps you on the toes of your wingtips, with it's big-band upbeat swingin' tunes lightly peppered with soft interludes and somber 40's style jazzy/blues club tunes that'd make even the toughest zoot suiter weep a few in his fedora. I find this score a great fit for the this film as listening to it makes me think of big cars and dapper dan hair-don'ts. I particularly enjoyed the creepy sci-fi feel of track 13 - "Hangin' in Howard Hughes' Hangar", but am going to let you guys wrap your aural mits around what I feel really stands out on this score. Enjoy.

Track 03 - "No Chance Blues" - download via yousendit

No comments: