Sunday, March 16, 2008

Saturday Score Selection #15: Danny The Dog (2005)


Music by:
Massive Attack (2005)

Okay, to be honest, this isn't technically a score, but I just happened to be listening to it again the other day and thought I'd give you guys a taste of something different than my norm. Massive Attack, for those of you that didn't know, rose to super fame with their trip-hop masterpiece Mezzanine in 1998, and has been on the iPods of depressed teens and college student's trying to get laid ever since. As upsetting to casual fans as this soundtrack was, it was still a pretty nice achievement as far as I'm concerned, and really shows the versatility of Massive Attack to break out of mold of what people were expecting of them. Like the film, and the band for that matter, the music is dark and solemn with bursts of anger here peppered throughout (usually when Jet Li is about to go ape-shit on some brits). It's a pleasant listen even for folks that aren't film score junkies like me, and is why I thought I'd spotlight it this week...let's attract some new readers shall we?

Download "Polariod Girl" by Massive Attack
-AND-
Download "Right Way To Hold A Spoon" by Massive Attack

No comments: