Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Post Oscar show with Podcast

Howdy folks,
The "post oscar" show is in the books, granted I didn't give you much Oscar coverage. Quite frankly, I'm a bit over it...as if you need ANOTHER blog telling you what happened, which assumes that there was anything worth talking about that actually happened. Here's what I played:

DOWNLOAD THIS SHOW

Hawaii Five-O - Morton Stevens - (1968)
John il Bastardo - Nico Fidenco - (1967)
The Man With One Red Shoe - Thomas Newman - (1985)
Heathers - David Newman - (1989)
Puppet On A Chain - Pierro Piccioni - (1971)
The Last Emperor - Ryuichi Sakamoto - (1987)
Dead Man - Neil Young - (1995)

DOWNLOAD THIS SHOW

So, I guess I will bitch about the Oscars a little after all. Why not...it seems the fashionable thing to do today, yes? So, in short. The Oscars stink. John Stewart does too. Hey, I like the Daily Show...but I don't think he's got quite the "host with the most" skill to wrangle up an event with our supposed "best of the best" in Hollywood I miss Steve Martin, Jack Benny, Jack Lemmon, and as much as it pains me to say this......Billy Crystal.
Nowadays the show is almost like watching a really pathetic episode of SNL Mad TV. On top of that, they seem to want to hurry these great Hollywood power players off the stage so fast just to make room for another poorly delivered Jon Stewart joke. I'd much rather listen to a heartfelt speech than watch a tired comedian squint at a teleprompter. I digress. It's the oscars, what can you expect.
On a less depressing note, Sean Lennon is stepping up to score the upcoming indie vampire flick Rosencrantz and Gildenstern are UN-Dead. Which considering it's starring Ralph Macchio, and based on the awesome work of it's namesake, I'm pretty pumped. About as pumped as I am to see the new live action AKIRA with Leo DiCaprio, seriously.

No comments: