Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Technical problems, but all is not lost!


Howdy folks,
Another week has come and gone and normally I'd have a brand new show for you guys. However, due to some technical problems at the station, I couldn't record a podcast, so I just played a show from the archives that I've never made available here on the website. It was a pretty good one too. It originally aired on August 20th, 2007. I'd have a playlist for you guys, but I'm too lazy to go through and make it. So you'll just have to be surprised!

DOWNLOAD THIS SHOW via Mediafire

Instead of a playlist for my podcast I'm going to give you a short list of some cool DVDs that came out today!

Perfect Strangers - 1st and 2nd Seasons! (1986)
Remember Balky? Yeah...me either.
21 bucks at Amazon.com

Portrait In Black / Madame X (Double Feature) (1966)
Lana Turner...Film Noir...say no more.
13 bucks at Amazon.com

The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection - Volume 10.2 (Giant Gila Monster / Swamp Diamonds / Teenage Strangler / Giant Spider Invasion) (1964)
Dude, it's MST3K...nuff said.
45 bucks at Amazon.com

Anthony Bourdain Collection 2 (2005)
This guy is the Steve McQueen of the kitchen...and who I want to be when I grow up.
18 bucks at Amazon.com

Tootsie - 25th Anniversary Edition (1982)
Bwahaha! Dustin Hoffman in drag...so classic
15 bucks at Amazon.com

Roxy Music - Thrill of It All: A Visual History 1972-1982 (2006)
Love em or hate em...they know some visuals
17 bucks at Amazon.com

The Whitest Kids U' Know (2007)
A comedy troupe that actually makes me not want to hang myself
20 bucks at Amazon.com

Midnight Express (1978)
If you don't have the Giorgio Moroder soundtrack to this, shame on you.
15 bucks at Amazon.com
Get the score at iTunes

You've Got Mail (Deluxe Edition) (1998)
Order this and you're a homo...and you smell, and you need to put your foot down at home more often
13 bucks at Amazon.com

Jean-Luc Godard Box Set
Contains the films: Passion, First Name: Carmen, Détective, & Oh Woe is Me
26 bucks at Amazon.com

Drive-In Cult Classics - 8 Movie Set (1975)
Stuff like this is always fun...and affordable to boot
10 bucks at Amazon.com


Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors (Special Edition) (1964)
A great Ukrainian film released by the good people over at KINO
27 bucks at Amazon.com

You know what? There's a couple of other ones that tickled my fancy, but I'm tired of typing, and you're probably tired of reading. So, if you like any of those...follow those direct links and grab a copy for yourself. Heck, it even supports my broke ass.

No comments: